Apply for an Early Career Fellowship today!
Deadline: 14 March, 2019
WCP provides an ideal forum for early career professionals to further their professional knowledge and share their research with global leaders in psychiatry.
As part of a shared goal to foster learning and development of early career psychiatrists, the WPA is delighted to offer fellowships to eligible professionals which include :
- Covering registration fees
- 3-nights of accommodation in a 3 star hotel (to cost up to €120 per night). Fellowship winners will be reimbursed for their accommodation after the Congress)
- Travel grant (economy class only) as follows (to be reimbursed after the Congress):
-Europe – up to €300
-International (Australia/Asia/ USA/ Canada/Africa) – up to €800
-Local (Portugal) – up to €100
Criteria for application
- The candidate must be a member or trainee affiliate or equivalent of a WPA Member Society
- Have no more than five years elapsed since the completion of specialist training
- Be fluent in English
- Have a superior educational and professional record
Application Documents Required
- Letters of recommendation from the head of the department or from the president of the member society or WPA Section Chair; which should confirm that the applicant is a psychiatrist or a trainee in psychiatry with no more than 5 years’ professional experience since first qualifying as a psychiatrist.
- A curriculum vitae (Resume)
- A letter of motivation
Valid nominations will be assessed systematically by a panel of peers and senior psychiatrists appointed by the Congress Scientific Committee. No more than 3 fellowships will be awarded to applicants residing in any one country. Half the fellowships will be awarded each to women and men applicants.