Apply for an Early Career Fellowship today!
Deadline: 14 March, 2019
Applications are now closed
WCP provides an ideal forum for early career professionals to further their professional knowledge and share their research with global leaders in psychiatry.
As part of a shared goal to foster learning and development of early career psychiatrists, the WPA is delighted to offer fellowships to eligible professionals which include :
- Covering registration fees
- 3-nights of accommodation in a 3 star hotel (to cost up to €120 per night). Fellowship winners will be reimbursed for their accommodation after the Congress)
- Travel grant (economy class only) as follows (to be reimbursed after the Congress):
-Europe – up to €300
-International (Australia/Asia/ USA/ Canada/Africa) – up to €800
-Local (Portugal) – up to €100
Criteria for application
- The candidate must be a member or trainee affiliate or equivalent of a WPA Member Society
- Have no more than five years elapsed since the completion of specialist training
- Be fluent in English
- Have a superior educational and professional record
Application Documents Required
- Letters of recommendation from the head of the department or from the president of the member society or WPA Section Chair; which should confirm that the applicant is a psychiatrist or a trainee in psychiatry with no more than 5 years’ professional experience since first qualifying as a psychiatrist.
- A curriculum vitae (Resume)
- A letter of motivation
Valid nominations will be assessed systematically by a panel of peers and senior psychiatrists appointed by the Congress Scientific Committee. No more than 3 fellowships will be awarded to applicants residing in any one country. Half the fellowships will be awarded each to women and men applicants.